Friday, March 24, 2017 at 9:00 A.M.
Real Estate will sell at 11:00 A.M.
Sale to be held onsite at 3579 Wirtz Lane, Keokuk, Iowa 52632
(Wirtz Lane is at the Northwest edge of Keokuk, IA across from the Hwy. 61 bypass turnoff.)
Property Preview: Tuesday, March 14th From 4:00 P.M. – 5:00 P.M.
Parcel 1 – 12.5 Acres± +/- with Home, Office & Storage Building (Subject to Survey)
- The Holland property features a spacious 1 story 2 bedroom home that offers 1,824 sq. ft. of living space. Other amenities include a large living room, a formal dining room, a beautiful 3 seasons room as well as 2 full baths. The property is improved with a separate office that would be suitable for living quarters & offers a full basement. There is a 30’ x 50’ storage building as well as a 24’ x 24’ detached garage, both structures feature concrete floors & overhead doors.
- This property is conveniently located just outside of the city limits at the north edge of Keokuk, IA and its water service is provided by Rathbun Rural Water.
- Access is on the east by Wirtz Lane.
Parcel 2 – 2 Acres± with Office & Shop (Subject to Survey)
- This parcel features the former headquarters of the Donald Holland Trucking Company and includes a very nice 50’ x 72’ shop building as well an attached office area. This parcel also features a 30’ x 92’ open front storage building and a large gravel parking area. This property is zoned Class C-Commercial and is located at the north edge of Keokuk, IA.
- Access is on the east by Wirtz Lane.
Parcel 3 – 9.5 Acres & Building (Subject to Survey)
- This parcel is improved with a 2,220 sq. ft. steel frame building that includes a 26’ x 30’ garage area. This structure was most recently utilized for a retail business, but is suitable for several business ventures. The balance of this property is unimproved and offers endless development potential and features U.S. Hwy. 61 frontage just north of Keokuk, IA.
- Access is on the east by Wirtz Lane & on the southwest by U.S. Hwy. 61
Parcel 4 – 16 Acres± (Subject to Survey)
- This nearly 100% wooded tract offers it all for the hunter or outdoor enthusiast and features great cover for all species of wildlife. This parcel is highly secluded yet conveniently located just minutes from town. There are several new home building sites included on this property.
- Access is on the east by Wirtz Lane
METHOD & TERMS
The Holland Properties will be sold in 4 individual parcels for a lump sum total dollar amount. Parcel 1 will be sold first followed by Parcels 2, 3 & 4 in numerical order. All parcels will be sold individually and will NOT be combined at the conclusion of the auction.
Ten (10%) percent of the bid price to be due on the day of sale with the balance due upon delivery of a merchantable abstract and deed. Closing on Parcels 1, 3 & 4 is scheduled to be in approximately 30 days, on or before Tuesday, April 25, 2017. Closing on Parcel 2 is scheduled to be in approximately 60 days, on or before Thursday, May, 25, 2017. Immediately following the auction, the successful bidder(s) shall enter into a written agreement with the sellers. The real estate taxes will be prorated to the date of closing. Full possession will be given at the time of closing on Parcels 1, 3 & 4. Possession on Parcel 2 will be subject to a lease with the tenant. For details contact the auction company.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
CAR, PICKUP, TRACTOR & TRAILERS
- ‘85 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham 2 door, fully loaded, 4.1L V-8, light blue ext., blue int., landau top, 76,156 one owner miles, excellent condition
- ‘92 Chevrolet 1500 4X4 pickup, 4.3L V-6, manual trans., blue/silver, sells complete with Western 7 ½’ snow plow and Western 12V rear sander
- ‘52 Farmall Super C SN 135710
- Super C attachments including; sickle mower, planter, disk, plow & cult.
- ‘78 Fruehauf 42’ van trailer
- ‘72 Fruehauf 42’ van trailer
- ‘73 Strick 42’ van trailer
FORKLIFT, SHOP TOOLS & WOOD WORKING TOOLS
- Clarke LP gas forklift, 5000 lb. cap., 3 stage mast
- BDC 3500 psi hot water pressure washer, 220 V, kero./diesel
- Craftsman 60 gal. 7 hp upright air comp.
- Thermal Arc PAK 5 plasma cutter
- 16 speed floor model drill press
- Continental 30T press
- 20T air/hyd. floor jack
- Welding table with 6” vice
- Craftsman port. air comp.
- Chop saw – Shop vac. – Bench grinder on stand
- Walker engine hoist – Other engine hoist
- 10 hp gas powered starting unit
- 4 step rolling stairway
- Few Cummins specialty tools
- Semi truck wheel studs and lug nut assort.
- Quantity of truck/trailer supplies
- Tie down straps – Push type lawn sweep
- Jet woodworking dust collector
- (2) table saws, 1 Craftsman
- Craftsman belt/disc sander
- Craftsman shaper – Craftsman belt sander
- Shop Craft radial arm saw
- Folksy FH-1000 table-top wood lathe
- Work Master mortising machine
- Sm. hand power tools
- Metal lumber rack on wheels
- Large quantity of rough sawn and planed lumber including walnut, pecan, coffee bean, cherry and barn siding
- Golden Eagle 3D Formula compound bow
- (3) 4 drawer file cabinets
- (4) 2 drawer file cabinets – Metal desk
ANTIQUES, COLLECTIBLES, GLASSWARE & MODERN FURNITURE
- Walnut gate leg dining table
- Walnut drop leaf stand with 2 drawers
- (2) walnut lamp tables
- Inlaid walnut rocker with caned seat
- (4) child’s bentwood chairs
- (2) needle point chairs
- (2) walnut rockers
- Oval gate leg table
- Ethan Allen limited edition grandfather’s clock
- (2) sm. walnut marble top tables
- Walnut child’s settee on white castors
- (2) church pews
- Back bar from the South Side Boat Club
- Ornate parlor chair
- 5 drawer walnut chest
- Oak roll top desk
- Child’s wooden stroller
- Doll stroller
- Several old dolls
- Kitchen clock
- Cast iron bull dog door stop
- Large brass bucket and coal bucket
- Chalkboard with lesson scroll
- (2) large canvas pictures
- Lighted “Last Supper” picture
- Blue stoneware jar, “Jumbo”, Elsworth, Iowa
- Candlestick telephone
- Very old sword
- 14” knife with weighted handle
- Tiffany type desk lamp
- (2) caramel slag glass table lamps
- Several brass candelabras and candlesticks
- Holmes & Edwards inlaid flatware, for 8
- Bavaria china dishes, service for 12
- Few R.S. Prussia pcs.
- Large vase, from Liberace’s auction
- Liberace auction catalogue
- Fluted candy dishes – Carnival glass
- Covered powder dish
- Hand painted vases
- Fancywork, doilies – Norman Rockwell plate/figurine collection
- Maple deacon’s bench
- 6 and 9 drawer chests
- 6 drawer lingerie chest
- Round dinette table with 4 chairs
- (2) china hutch’s – Cedar chest
- Coffee and end tables – Kneehole desk
- Wingback chair
- (2) blue recliners
- King size bed – Oak curio cabinet
- Oak china hutch, modern
- (2) 6’ glass showcases
- 5’ glass showcase
- Victor comb. safe, 18”w x 18”d x 29”h
- Boyds Bears figurine collection
- Precious Moments figurines
- Large amount craft type items
- 4 concrete deer lawn ornaments
Mark your calendars now for this Lee County, Iowa real estate and personal property auction for the Holland Family. You will find all personal property items to be in tip top and clean condition. Brief sale order: 9:00 a.m. household items, antiques, tools, etc., 11:00 a.m. real estate followed by car, pickup, followed by any unsold items. Possible 2 ring auction. Come prepared! Lunch will be available on the grounds. Not responsible for accidents, errors or omissions. Announcements sale day take precedence.
For additional information, contact Sullivan Auctioneers’ Representatives: Jim Huff (319) 931-9292 or Jeff Hoyer (319) 759-4320
The Late Don Holland & the Dorothy Holland Estate /
Donald Holland Trucking Inc.
Sue Seabold – Executor
Timothy D. Roberts
Anderson, Roberts, Porth, Wallace & Stewart, LLP
524 N. Main St.,
Burlington, IA 52601
Phone: (319) 754-7585